Purchasing & Inventory Manager Job Description
Liberty Elevator Corporation is looking for a highly organized candidate with great attention to detail for the position of Purchasing and Inventory Manager. The position is responsible for facilitating the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, parts, tools and support of the field operations, with the goal of increased efficiencies that result in greater profit margins.
This position reports directly to the General Manager and is a project based with potential for permanent placement. This position is based out of the Liberty Elevator Corporation headquarters, 63 East 24th Street, Paterson, NJ.
Purchasing & Inventory Manager Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and material to identify shortages
- Monitor stock levels and develop purchasing strategies that will result in minimum costs for the organization
- Replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Determine popularity of products by gathering and evaluating information
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Prepare and submit reports on revenues, buying expenditures and field operations needs trends
- Keep updated records
- Organizing shipments
- Coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys when needed
- Negotiating and organizing best shipping and supplier discounts and contracts.
- Developing and confirming schedules. Schedules always readily available.
- Preparing paperwork for accounting and office backend.
- Ensure suppliers meet shipping and accounting requirements providing documentation on all shipments and invoices.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory, Ensure inventory is reconciled.
- Use software to monitor demand and document where equipment, parts, materials, inventory and tools are located.
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trusting relationships.
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Keep all vehicles in good well-maintained working order.
- Assist in the Supervision of Loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Supervise Shop, office, yard and building maintenance.
- Document disposal of all waste and materials.
- Participate as a Supervisor on call.
- Always plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes
Next Level Service
As one of the top elevator companies in New Jersey, New York, Florida and Pennsylvania, Liberty Elevator understands that our customers have unique needs and offers our clients the freedom to choose.
In 2021, Liberty Elevator Corporation was recognized as the Best Family-Owned Business in the elevator industry by Elevator World publications, as voted by customers and peers in the Industry. Liberty Elevator Corporation offers competitive wages, benefits, an amazing working environment and the opportunity to be part of the "Best Family-Owned Business" in the elevator industry.
Please complete the online application & submit your resume to be considered.